Posted in Uncategorized on March 27, 2013 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center – presents the 13th Annual High School Spring Exhibit featuring work by area High School Students. Join us during the opening reception from 4 to 6pm for art – refreshments – music. PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD – Come early and vote for your favorite work of art and help us select the “Peoples Choice Award”. Voting is available between 4pm and 5:30 pm. Winner announced at 6pm!
- Bemidji Public Library – presents mixed media and collage artist Melanie Rietveld and her exhibit – Dreaming In Color”. Join us for her opening reception from 3:00 to 5:00 in the Main Reading Room of the Bemidji Public Library for the Meet the Artist reception.
- Gallery North – is pleased to host the Artists of Minnesota Traveling Mini Show and wish to invite the public to view the exhibit during our First Friday Open House April 5, 2013 from 2-5 pm. First Friday featured artist Curtis Shagunn will also be present.
- Glazed and Amused – presents Diamond Knispel as their April First Friday Art Walk artist. Diamond is a self-taught visual artist from Northern Minnesota. Join us for her opening reception on Friday, April from 5:30pm to 7pm.
- Headwaters School of Music and the Arts and the Bemidji—ACLU-MN (Greater Minnesota Racial Justice North Project) presents the fourth annual “Art from Within” exhibit from April 5th through April 27th. The community is invited for the opening reception on Friday April 5th at 5:00 pm followed by the art awards announcements at 6:00 pm. The event is part of the First Friday Art Walk and is free and open to the public.
- Rail River Folk – presents Kailey Babcock and Justice Deiter for their duo show at the Rail River Folk School for the month of April. Join us for the opening of “New Beginnings” from 4 to 6 pm. After the reception, stay for the Northwoods Folk Collective open mic starting at 7:30pm.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse proudly presents “Wetland” by painter Mary Lingen through the month of April. Meet Mary, and try her famous cookies, at the opening reception on First Friday, April 5th, from 3:00-5:00pm. After the Art Walk, experience Wild Hare’s own culinary artists at the First Friday Wine Bar, 5:00-9:00pm.
EXHIBITS AROUND TOWN
- Neilson Place – The Neilson Place Art Committee Neilson place presents artist Beverly Joslyn on display now through June 2013. Originally from Cass Lake Beverly is a self taught, wildlife artist who now resides in Walker, MN. Neilson Place is located on the Sanford WoodsEdge campus 1000 Anne Street NW. For hours or more information call 751-0220, ext #1.
For more information on the April First Friday Art Walk go to Upcoming First Friday
Read Full Post »
Posted in Exhibitions, Uncategorized on April 24, 2012 |
"Fish" By Marisha Lindquist - Voted Best In Show!
Acrylic Portraits by Nina Lubarski's Class
Main Gallery - Work by Trek North Students
"Zebra" by Calla Pizola
"Starfish Fruit" by Brenda Cecena
"Fiber Art Wall Hangings" Bemidji High School
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized on June 14, 2011 |
Artist Statement -
” A philospher once said, “our best havings are wantings”. With that in mind, it could be said that I paint because I want to have images to look at that I find interesting and stir my imagination . But I discovered that the actual painting process is more thrilling and thought provoking than viewing the finished work: so for me the it is better to paint than to have a painting.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized on May 15, 2011 |
Posted in Uncategorized on January 5, 2011 |
Ring in the New Year with the First Friday Art Walk in Bemidji on January 7th, 2011
- The Bemidji Community Art Centeris not open for the January First Friday Art Walk - The BCAC will be closed through Jan 17th and re-open for regular hours on the 18th. Call for Art for the Annual “Members Show”! If you are currently a member of the Bemidji Community Art Center and you are an artist or you have art you want to share, please take this unique opportunity to participate in the BCAC Annual Members Show opening on February 4th, 2011.The Exhibit Committee will be accepting submissions of work from BCAC Members January 18th through the 28th. We will accept 1 to 3 pieces per artist for approval and installation. Include with your submission; your contact info., title of piece, artist name, medium, NFS or listing price if you wish to sell the piece. Please bring your art to the BCAC located at 426 Bemidji Ave N during the gallery hours, Tues through Friday 12 to 5. Call or email if you need to make other arrangements for dropping off your work. 218-444-7570 or email@example.com
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – Bad Cat Creations featured Artist for January is Shanna Mae Olsen. In her show, “Transformation”, Shanna Mae brings you into her world of textile experimentation with a large scale textile sculpture, unique plushies, functional wallets and other surprises! Shanna Mae will be in store for our opening reception on January 7th from 4-6pm.
- Beltrami County History Center The Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North presents, “Reflections by Kay” a series of paintings by Kay Schuver. ALSO FEATURED: A New Exhibit at Beltrami County History Center. As part of the John Morrison American Indian Collection, the Beltrami County Historical Society presents its newest exhibit, Baskets and Beads: Weaving Traditions.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – Announces the opening of their January Exhibit on the 7th as a part of the First Friday Art Walk presenting work by Artists of Gallery North. Join us from 3 to 5pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk for refreshments and to meet the artists and see their work.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – presents Arnold Volker with Real Stone and Sherry Gendron from Next Innovations as their Featured January Artists. Using the colorful, local field stone from the Itasca Moraine, Real Stone has partnered with their sister company, Next Innovations of Walker to bring you some very unique & decorative wall art, made out of stone and steel. Join us from 5 to 7pm for the opening reception to meet Arnold and Sherry and learn more about their creative and innovative work.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – invites you to their January First Friday Art Walk opening featuring work by artist and photographer Cal Rice. Highlighting the incredible beauty of Costa Rica, in photos taken on a Jan 2010 trip, Cal showcases the natural beauty of this part of the world. Join us on Jan 7th from 5 to 7pm.
- Neilson Place - The North Country Health Services Art Committee continues their exhibit featuring a group exhibition entitled “Pathways – the Art of Bemidji State University.” This exhibit will display new work by art students under the tutelage of Natalia Himmirska. Also the Bistro at WoodsEdge will feature new Gift Items by local artists and wood turners Dave and Kathy Towley featuring functional art pieces that are both beautiful to view and to use at your table on a daily basis.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House – will present “People & Places”, recent screen prints by Cody Bartz, January 7th through February 2nd. With a love for technology and a passion for art, Cody combines the technical abilities of the computer with the handmade qualities of printmaking to portray humans within a modern and abstract landscape. Join us for the opening reception during the First Friday Art Walk, January 7th, from 3:00 to 5:00pm.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized on November 6, 2010 |
Leave a Comment »
The BCAC and BSU Visual Arts Dept would like to announce this years BCAC Placement Awards which are made possible, in part, by a grant from the Region 2 Arts Council through funding provided by the McKnight Foundation and the Margaret Harlow Collection – BSU Purchase Awards.
Harlow Purchase Award work is selected by Butch Holden, Ceramics Professor and Chair of the BSU Visual Arts Department. The work is selected independantly of BCAC award winners and on the basis of characteristics that will enhance this permanent teaching and exhibit collection. The Harlow Collection at Bemidji State University is dedicated to functional ceramics. This years selections are;
- Matthew Patton – Armor Clad Tray – Seattle WA
- Debra Oliva – Etched Bowl – Okemos, MI
- Justin Lambert – Flask – Jupiter, FL
- Monica Ripley – Set of 3 Tumblers – Somerville, MA
- Matt Mitros – Three Flower Vase – Seattle, WA
This years BCAC 1st, 2nd and 3rd placement awards were selected by this years guest artist and juror Simon Levin. Simon’s selections were made independantly of the Harlow Collection Purchase Awards. The BCAC would like to thank Simon for his work on this year’s It’s Only Clay event and for creating such a beautiful exhibit. We would also like to thank all the artists who submitted work for jury. This years Awardees are;
- 1st Place – Mike Stumbras – Tea Bowl
- 2nd Place – Debra Oliva – Etched Bowl
- 3rd Place – Justin Lambert – Flask
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized on December 21, 2009 |
The BCAC and Shop 426 would like to Wish Everyone a Wonderful Holiday Season and a Happy New Year. Thank you for all the support in 2009! We look forward to and exciting year of Art and Activiites in 2010!
Holiday Hours – BCAC and Shop 426 will be closed December 20th, 2009 through January 18th, 2010. We will re-open for regular business hours on January 19th with a new exhibit opening on February 5th , 2010.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized on October 28, 2009 |
Leave a Comment »
- Bemidji Community Art Center - join us from 5 to 7pm for the opening of the 7th Annual It’s Only Clay National Ceramic Exhibition. Announcement of the Margaret Harlow Collection and BCAC Awards will be at 6pm, presented by Professor Butch Holden.
- NEW VENUE!!!! Paul Bunyan Senior Activity Center is pleased to present the Bemidji Woodcarvers Club as they showcase their beautiful woodcarvings during the First Friday from 4:00-6:00pm
- NEW VENUE!!!!!!! Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – will feature the collaborative work of Bemidji artists Marlon Davidson and Don Knudson on First Friday, November 6th as a part of their new exhibit program. The church will be open to the public from 4-6 PM.
- Gallery North – join us from 2 to 5pm for Gallery North’s Christmas Boutique and Featured Artist and painter, Pat Shough. AUTHOR OF THE MONTH: Gallery North presents author David C. Swenson who will do readings from his recently published book “Miracle at Mercy Hospital” starting at 2pm.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House – presents Bemidji native Mali Mattsen, November 6th through December 1st. Mali will present tendril and gestural mobiles and sculptures, formed of metal and colorful handmade paper. Reception from 3 to 5pm.
- Beltrami County History Center - The Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North, presents “School Days”Grand Opening of a new exhibit on weddings entitled, “Just Married, Best Wishes” featuring a grand assortment of vintage wedding gowns. Open 10am to 4pm, free admission on First Friday!
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – Terry Honstead and a new exhibit “Local Ojibwe Leaders”. Reception time – 4 to 6pm.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – presents the work of artist and painter, Mary Lingen. now through the month of November.
- Bemidji Public Library – Paul Simonson and his exhibit of spin-art paintings entitled “Potpourri” from 3 to 5pm.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts - Malisa VanMaasdam will present her exhibit “Lost in the Leaves” -a collection of seasonal watercolor mono prints from 4 to 6pm
- Glazed & Amused – While on the First Friday Art Walk stop by Glazed & Amused – Paint your Own Pottery Studio located at 311 3rd Street in downtown Bemidji. We are open on Fri. from 12 to 9pm.
- Neilson Place - Terry Honstead, “Another Take” continues through the month of November.
- Mask & Rose Women’s Theater Collective and the Northwood’s Folk Collective – First Friday Coffeehouse at the Wild Rose Theater starting at 7:30 PM. Performer sign-up begins at 6:30 PM, cost is $2.00 single – $5.00 family. Also showing in the Fleur di Lis Gallery, “New Sculptures” by Suzi Rhae Ross. The Fleur di Lis Gallery will be open every Monday from 6:30 to 8:30 through Dec 14.
- Brigid’s Cross Irish Pub – presents Longville, MN. artist – Sean Moran -opening reception from 6 to 8pm.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized on June 29, 2009 |
LOCATIONS HOSTING A RECEPTION ON JULY 3RD
- Bemidji Community Art Center -The BCAC invites you to their First Friday Art Walk Opening Reception on July 3rd from 5 to 7pm. Join us for the CD Release Party for “The Kali Yuga Rag” a CD of recorded poetry by Anthony Swann, featuring a talk and partial reading by the author at 6pm. In the Galleries: NEW WORK by Davidson, Holden, Jones, Kaul, Knudson and Morgan.
- Headwaters School of Music and the Arts invites you to their July First Friday Art Walk reception from 5 to 7pm featuring “Chasing the Wind” photographer, Brian Grund.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café featuring self taught artist Audrey Merschman. Please come meet Audrey at the Cabin Coffeehouse July3rd from 4-6pm.
- Gallery North presents their Showcase Artist for the month Tom Hetznecker and Featured Artists Kathy Gustafson and Doug Zuehlsdorff, at a reception Friday, July 3rd from 2 to 5 pm.
- Mask & Rose Women’s Theater Collective and the Northwood’s Folk Collective invites you to their First Friday Coffeehouse on July 3rd at the Wild Rose Theater starting at 7:30 PM. Performer sign-up begins at 6:30 PM, cost is $2.00 single – $5.00 family.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wallis pleased to announce that their featured artist for July is artist Janelle Christnesen. Join us on July 3rd as a part of the First Friday Art Walk from 3 to 5pm.
LOCATIONS WITH NEW EXHIBIT
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee Housepresents the photography of Tyson Kuznia July 3rd through the 29th.
- Dunn Bros Coffeepresents the work of artist Pat Shough for the month of July.
LOCATIONS WITH CONTINUING EXHIBITS
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – Bad Cat Creations is a boutique featuring Art & Fine Craft by over 35 different artists and an eclectic selection of fun gifts and contemporary accessories.
- Beltrami County History Center The Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North, presents “Summer Breeze” at the History Center now through the month of August.
- Neilson Place – The North Country Health Services Art Committee is pleased to host Natalia Himmirska’s exhibit, titled, “Embrace” on display now through the month of August.
Read Full Post »
- Bemidji Community Art Center – NEW WORK by Davidson, Holden, Jones, Kaul, Knudson and Morgan.
- Headwaters School of Music and the Arts – “Chasing the Wind” by photographer, Brian Grund.
- Neilson Place – “Embrace” by Natalia Himmirska’s
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House presents “The Wild ‘I’”, photography by Irv Srom
- Dunn Bros Coffee presents drawings by Malisa VanMaasdam
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts - textile and “green” artist, Mary Jo Dahl. “re-purpose” goods creating fun and functional recycled art.
- Beltrami County History Center - “Summer Breeze” work from Gallery North and Free Admission into the Museum every First Friday
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – featuring painter Steve Heriot.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall featured artist Jon Kerth with the art of Pyrography.
- Mask & Rose Women’s Theater Collective and the Northwood’s Folk Collective – First Friday Coffeehouse at 7:30 PM, performer sign-up begins at 6:30 PM. Fleur de Lis Gallery - “Kimono Seasons” paintings by portrait artist, Emily Chesley.
- Gallery North Open House - Showcase Artist- Nature Photographer, Pam Johnson. Featured Artists are Mary Know Johnson with a reading at 3pm & 4pm and Marion Caroline Reil demonstrating watercolor painting.
For more information on these events and exhibits go to Upcoming First Friday for details.
Read Full Post »