ABOUT THE BUILDING
The Bemidji Community Art Center is located in downtown Bemidji in the old Carnegie Library on the shores of Lake Bemidji. Featuring three galleries exhibiting art from local, regional and national artists, the BCAC has made its home in this Classical Revival brick building with limestone trim. Designed by Fargo architect W. D. Gillespie and built in 1909, the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 25th, 1980. Owned by the City of Bemidji the Bemidji Carnegie Library, the building is not only home to the BCAC and it’s galleries but also has four artist’s studios and the offices of the Region 2 Arts Council.
Pictures courtesy of the Beltrami County Historical Society