- Bemidji Community Art Center – Join us on February 1st as we open our 2013 Exhibit Season with “Cultures in Change – Photography of Bhutan and Cuba” by artist Cal Rice. Join us for the opening reception from 5 to 7pm with an artist talk at 6pm.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – is pleased to host Tawnee Geller as their featured artist for February with ”Open Your Eyes”. Join us to Meet the Artist on Feb 1st, 5-7pm at the Cabin Coffeehouse. Free refreshments will be served.
- Dunn Bros – Dunn Bros Coffee – presents artist and employee Amanda Brueggemeier and her, mixed media exhibit entitled “Home”. Join us on February 1st from 5 pm to 7pm for a reception with Amanda as a part of the First Friday Art Walk.
- Gallery North – presents Luke Hagen and Fred Schrupp as their February Showcase Artists with a reception on Friday afternoon, February 1st from 2-5 pm.
- Glazed and Amused – presents AJ Dombeck as their February First Friday Art Walk artist with “Minnesota through the Seasons”. Join us for his opening recepition on Friday, February 1st from 5pm to 6pm.
- RailRiver Folk School’s featured Artist for February is Bemidji artist Gary Hill. Join us for the opening reception of “Folk Artfish” on Friday, Feb 1st from 5pm to 7pm. After the reception, stay for the Northwoods Folk Collective open mic starting at 7:30pm.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will present “Layers”, by their very own Malisa VanMaasdam, February 1st through 27th. Join us for the opening reception on First Friday, February 1st, from 3 to 5 pm. Malisa has also planned this months First Friday dinner menu, featuring a variety of world delicacies and a wine and beer list to match. Join us after the Art Walk, from 5:00-9:00pm.
EXHIBITS AROUND TOWN FOR FEBRUARY
- Neilson Place – The Neilson Place Art Committee continues their exhibit of two noted regional artists: Jane Freeman and D.L. Houseman with their show titled “Translations: The Views of Two Artists” on display now through the end of February.
For full listing of the February First Friday Activities visit our Upcoming First Friday page.