- Bemidji Community Art Center – presents the 10th Annual It’s Only Clay National Juried Ceramics Exhibit featuring work by Juror Robert Briscoe. Reception is from 5 to 7pm with a brief presentation and awards announced by Artist Butch Holden. IOC 2012 is also made possible, in part, by a grant from the Region 2 Arts Council and funding by an appropriation from the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the State’s general fund.
- Beltrami County History Center – presents a special exhibit of historical photos of the Bemidji Carnegie Library from their collection as a part of the November First Friday Art Walk. Free admission in the museum from noon to 4 p.m during First Friday Art Walk.
- Bemidji Public Library – presents Pat Oldham as their Featured Artist with her exhibit titled “Chronicles”. Join us for the opening reception from 4 to 6pm.
- Cabin Coffeehouse & Café – presents Bemidji artists Jenn Anderson & Emma Brown for the month of November – Please join us for a “Meet the Artist” First Friday Art Walk reception on November 2nd from 5 to 7 pm.
- FREAXIS STUDIOS - Join us at Freaxis Studios and Fortuna Puppet Theatre’s, “These Thousand Waves Are Mighty Armor: Part Two”, joined by Julia and Skidmark adding their alive and loud sound effects. Starts at 7:00 p.m. This show is appropriate for ages 14 and up as it contains mature content!
- Gallery North – presents Showcase Artist Jeanine Ehnert of Frazee, MN and Featured Artist Marie Hamre for the month of November. Join us for the First Friday Open House on November 2nd at 502 3rd Street NW from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- RailRiver Folk School - featured artist for November is Christina Thorne of Bad Cat Creations. Join us Friday Nov 2nd from 5-7pm for a meet and greet. After the First Friday reception, stick around for the Northwoods Folk Collective open mic starting at 7:30.
- The Northwoods Folk Collective Open Stage – Join us for a taste of Bemidji’s community of artists. Host: Drew Warne-Jacobsen . Sign-up: 6:30-7:30; performance begins at 7:30
- Neilson Place – presents two noted regional artists: Jane Freeman and D.L. Houseman with their show titled “Translations: Join us on Friday November 2nd for the opening reception from 3:00-4:30 in the Neilson Place lobby with a short artist presentation to start at 3:30.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will present “Land Speaks”, recent paintings and works in wood by art educator Lisa Robinson from 3 to 5 pm. After the Art Walk, experience Wild Hare’s own culinary artists at the First Friday Wine Bar.
EXHIBITS AROUND TOWN
Dunn Bros – Dunn Bros Coffee – First City Artists
Headwaters School of Music and Arts- Susan Kedzie
Talley Gallery – presents “Sharing the Fire” October 8 to November 16th.
For more First Friday information check out our full listing here!