Posted in Friends of the Arts on April 27, 2012 |
Please join us on May 25th for the BCAC’s 24th Annual Friend of the Arts Celebration honoring Bemidji Choral Conductor – Patricia Mason!
This years event will be hosted at the Sanford Center – Gate 2 – Club Level at 1111 Event Center Dr. NE.
Tickets are $45 each for members and $50 for non-members. A portion of the proceeds goes to support programming at the BCAC and is tax deductable. Tickets are on sale now through May 15th. There is limited seating and no tickets will be sold at the door. Advance sales only.
The evening begins with a social hour at 5:30pm, followed by dinner at 6:30pm. Award to be presented during dinner.
For tickets or more information please contact: Lori or Cindy at theArtCenterlocated at 426 Bemidji Av., call 444-7570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org The BCAC is open Tuesday to Friday from Noon to 5 pm and Sat. 10 am to 2 pm.
Read Full Post »
Posted in First Friday Art Walk on April 24, 2012 |
First Friday Events – May 4th, 2012
- Bemidji Community Art Center invites you to the May First Friday Art Walk opening reception from 4 to 6pm featuring the Annual 5th Grade Invitational – showcasing work by area 5th grade students from Central, Horace May, JW Smith, Lincoln, Northern, Red Lake, Schoolcraft, Solway and St. Philips Elementary Schools.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall presents artist Melissa Burness and her exhibit Kaleidoscope Vision from 3:00 to 5:00 PM
- Brigid’s Cross Irish Pub presents paintings by Sandy Macleod
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – is pleased to present the debut exhibit by First City Artists showcasing photography and paintings of various mediums in their exhibit, “Serendipity” from 4-6pm.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – presents photographer Cody Erickson - “Obliterating the Mundane” at 5pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk
- FREAXIS STUDIOS – welcomes you all to Fortuna Puppet Theatre’s rod and shadow show, “The Hangnail Affair” - two free short performances, at 5 pm and 6 pm
- Gallery North – Join us from 2:00 to 5:00 featuring our May Showcase Artist – Scott Rollenhagen from Big Falls. and our two Featured Artists -painter Marion Caroline and author John Eggers with a book signing
- Rail River Folk School – will host The Northwoods Folk Collective - Sign-up 6:30-7:30
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will present “Painting to Praxis, “Translating Ideas into Paint” by Instructor Paula Swenson and Exhibitors Holly Alcott, Terri Widman, Betty Christ, Sue Knudson, and Barbara Jolly from 3:00-5:00pm
EXHIBITS – Around Town
- Glazed & Amused presents “Trail Watch”, a photographic exhibit by Barb Meuers now through the end of May
- Headwaters School of Music and Arts - presents exhibit of works by the Artists of Studio 10
- Neilson Place – presents work by Bemidji area visual artists Kathy Gustafson and Pat Shough in a combined show entitled: “Flora and Fauna” now until the end of June
Read Full Post »
Posted in Exhibitions, Uncategorized on April 24, 2012 |
"Fish" By Marisha Lindquist - Voted Best In Show!
Acrylic Portraits by Nina Lubarski's Class
Main Gallery - Work by Trek North Students
"Zebra" by Calla Pizola
"Starfish Fruit" by Brenda Cecena
"Fiber Art Wall Hangings" Bemidji High School
Read Full Post »
Posted in First Friday Art Walk on April 3, 2012 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center invites you to the opening of the 12th Annual Bemidji Area High School Invitational from 4 to 6pm. This exhibit features work by Bemidji Area High School Students in all mediums. Please join us for the opening of this exciting show as a part of the First Friday Art Walk. Come & Vote between 4 pm and 5:30 pm for the People’s Choice Award for your favorite work of art. Winner will be announced at 6pm. Enjoy food, refreshments and music.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – presents Collyer Visuals a local collaboration between the talents of Leigh Collyer and Ron Schrader April 6th from 3:00 to 5:00 PM .
- The Center of Therapeutic Arts is pleased to present artist Jake Baggenstoss for the month of April. Join us on April 6th from 4 to 5 pm for Jake’s First Friday opening reception as a part of the First Friday Art Walk.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – presents nature photographer and self described naturalist, AJ Dombeck for their featured artist for April. AJ has been capturing nature and wildlife images in the Bemidji area for approximately three years. Stop by on April 6th from 5 to 7pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk to meet the artist and view his work showcasing the beauty found in Minnesota.
- FREAXIS STUDIOS – invites you to another intriguing First Friday event on April 6th from 4-7 pm. To coordinate with the High School Invitational upstairs in BCAC, we will have additional work by TrekNorth High School’s AP art class. In our tiny green gallery, poster art by Skidmark will fill the walls. At 6:00, a bit of – Poetry Out Loud, followed by Fortuna Puppet Theatre’s, “The Nose,” a rod and shadow puppet show. Refreshments will be Skidmark’s specialties.
- Gallery North – Join us on April 6th from 2:00 to 5:00 for our First Friday Art Walk Open House celebrating the art of Featured Artist – Diana Colison Jones and April Showcase Artist – Virgene Tyrell. Both artists will be sharing their insights and favorite techniques with the public as a part of the First Friday Art Walk Open House at Gallery North.
- Glazed & Amused presents “Trail Watch”, a photographic exhibit by Barb Meuers featuring images captured along the Paul Bunyan Trail on the east side of Lake Bemidji. Join us for Barbs reception on April 6th from 7 to 9 pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk.
- NEW VENUE!! KBXE and the Northern Community Radio Board of Directors is hosting an open house on Friday April 6th from 5-7 p.m. as a part of the First Friday Art Walk and to celebrate the opening of KBXE in downtown Bemidji. We would like to welcome the community into the station – everyone is invited to stop by! Find us at 305 America Avenue NW, behind Harmony Food Co-op.
- Neilson Place Art Committee presents work by Bemidji area visual artists Kathy Gustafson and Pat Shough in a combined show entitled: “Flora and Fauna”. Join us Friday April 6th to welcome Kathy and Pat during our opening reception from 3:00 to 4:30 with an artist talk at 3:30.
- Rail River Folk School – will host The Northwoods Folk Collective. The Northwoods Folk Collective Open Stage offers an opportunity to share stories, music, poetry and other performance art with an attentive, enthusiastic, inter-generational audience. Host: Drew Warne-Jacobsen 218 760 9278. Sign-up 6:30-7:30.
- Saarens Productions - announces the 4th Independent Film Night to be presented on Friday, April 6th at 7 pm at the Wild Rose Theater. Suggested admission price is $5.00. Audience members will have the opportunity to vote for the films they believe should progress to the 2nd Annual Fathom Film Festival scheduled for April 20th & 21st at the Wild Rose Theater. The Fleur de Lis Gallery is displaying new photographic work by DeeJay Arens and will be open from 2 to 6 pm for First Friday.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will present A “Free Tibet” art show, April 6th through May 2nd. To help bring awareness to the current conflict in Tibet, high school student, Raven Clark has assembled a collaborative art show, made possible by a mentorship grant received from the Region 2 Arts Council. First Friday opening reception – April 6th from 3:00pm to 5:00pm.
EXHIBITS – Around Town
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – The Cabin Coffeehouse is pleased to have artist Kendra Fuller return for the month of April. Please visit the artist’s work at 214 3rd St. NW, downtown Bemidji all of the month of April, open daily 7:30am to 8pm and visit us online at cabincoffeehouse.com
- Headwaters School of Music and Arts- presents exhibit of works by the Artists of Studio 10. The exhibit features an eclectic mix of subjects and media for all to enjoy during regular business hours at the school. The Headwaters School is located at 519 Minnesota Ave N. in Downtown Bemidji. For more information 218-444-5606
FOR FULL LISTING AND MORE INFO ON THE APRIL FIRST FRIDAY ART WALK
Read Full Post »