- Bemidji Community Art Center – presents a Textile Center Touring Exhibition, “Land by Hand: Fiber Artists Explore Place” featuring contemporary fiber art September 2-October 22, 2011. Join us during the September First Friday Art Walk for the opening reception on September 2 from 5 p.m.-7 p.m featuring a brief presentation and gallery walk at 6pm with curator Kimber Olson.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – Bad Cat Creations featured Artist for September is mixed media artist, Maria Thompson of Grand Forks, ND. Her mixed media collage work for “People I Should Have Met” - Opening reception with the artist is Friday Sept 2nd from 4-6pm.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – presents artist Doug Zuehlsdorff as the September “Featured Artist” with his exhibit “Strokes – People and Places”.
Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – presents artist Maureen O’Brien for their featured September artist. Join us on Friday September 2nd from 4 to 6pm our “Meet the Artist Reception”.
- Dunn Bros Coffee presents Fargo photographer Lois Bednar as their featured artist now through the month of September. Gallery North – welcomes the September Showcase Artist, DuWayne Schwindt of RAKO WOODS featuring his exhibit of Intarsia designed “wood inlay” projects. Gallery reception on Friday Sept 2nd from 2:00 to 5:00 pm.
- NEW VENUE!! Glazed & Amused presents painter and Bemidji native Mike Mohler and his exhibit “Mike’s Unique Take on Life”. Join us on September 2nd at 7pm for Mikes “Meet the Artist” Opening Reception and refreshments.
RETURNING VENUE!!! Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship will resume its program of art exhibitions in September with the opening by the master potter Cyrus Swann. First Friday Art Walk Opening Reception September 2nd from 4 to 6 PM.
- SPECIAL EVENT!! Hobson Memorial Union – invites you to a reception featuring a special exhibit of work by the late Eugene Dalzatto. The exhibit features “Self Portrait”, a 5 piece work that features four intaglio prints showing the evolution of a completed print and the original copper plate used to create the prints. Join us on Friday September 2nd in the Lower Union for a reception from 2:30 to 5pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk for refreshments and a brief presentation.
- Neilson Place – The Neilson Place Art Committee is pleased to host artist Mary Lingen now through October, 2011.
- Rail River Folk School - will host The Northwoods Folk Collective Coffeehouse Open Mic. The September host will be Drew Warne-Jacobsen. Coffeehouse starts at 7:30pm, performers come early to sign up for your performance time.
- Saarens Productions invites you to stop by the Wild Rose Theatre and Fleur de Lis Gallery at 501 Bemidji Ave. for their August First Friday Art Walk Opening from 2 to 6pm.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse presents Bemidji native Mali Mattson, Sept. 2nd through Oct. 2nd. Mali will present tendriled and gestural mobiles, formed of metal and colorful handmade papers. Join us for the opening reception Friday, September 2nd from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. After the Art Walk, experience Wild Hare’s own culinary artists at the First Friday Wine Bar, 5:00-9:00pm.
For more information on this event go to our Upcoming First Friday page.