Public Service Announcement: First Friday Art Walk in Bemidji for August 2011
- Bemidji Community Art Center – will not be hosting an opening due to Dragon Boat races but invites you to stop by during the month of August for the continuation of – “A Creative Partnership” by artists John Kolb and Linda Acklund Kolb in the Main Gallery and “Walking Behind Bemidji” with photographer Sean McCroy in gallery X2. The exhibits run now through August 27th.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – featured artist for August is Melissa Burness. Join us for the opening of “Tropical Tranquility” and create your own ”kaleidoscope” during the opening reception on Friday August 5th from 4pm to 6pm.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – presents artist Terry Honstead and her exhibit “Imagine”. Join us for a reception on August 5th as a part of the First Friday Art Walk from 3 to 5pm.
Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – presents the“34sisters”, an artist collaborative with local artist, Jenn Anderson and 32 women from Kenya, Africa. Join us on Friday August 5th from 4 to 6pm our “Meet the Artist Reception”.
- Dunn Bros Coffee presents Fargo photographer Lois Bednar as their featured artist for August. No reception is planned.
- Gallery North – welcomes fiber artist, Debra Hawthorne as their Guest Showcase Artist of the month of August and two Featured Member Artists, Patty Lovegreen and Carolyn Goldberg. Meet the artists and enjoy refreshments at the Gallery’s reception on Friday August 5th from 2:00 to 5:00 pm.
- NEW VENUE! Headwaters Science Center is pleased to present their exhibit of nature photography as a part of the August First Friday Art Walk. Students from the 3rd to 8th Grade have been participating in a nature photography class at the HSC and will be presenting their work in an opening reception from 1 to 3pm on August 5th on the upper balcony of the Center.
- Neilson Place - The Neilson Place Art Committee is pleased to host artist Mary Lingen. Ms. Lingen’s artwork will be on display now through October, 2011. No reception for August.
- Northwoods Gallery and Frame Shop - features art from Local Artists showcasing watercolor, acrylic, pastel, oil, stained glass, woodcarvings, books and cards. No reception for August
- Rail River Folk School – will host The Northwoods Folk Collective Coffeehouse Open Mic for the First Friday Coffeehouse August host will be Jeff Sawyer. Coffeehouse starts at 7:30pm, performers come early to sign up.
- Saarens Productions invites you to stop by the Wild Rose Theatre and Fleur de Lis Gallery at 501 Bemidji Ave. for their August First Friday Art Walk Opening from 2 to 6pm. The Fleur de Lis features work by local, regional, and national artists in a new exhibit rotation as part of the First Friday Events.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse will present “How Do We Love Thee, Let Us Count The Ways”, August 5th through 31st. This unique exhibit brings together 11 artists working in various media and displaying their talents as they interpret the popular white orchid photo by artist Patricia Grimes. Come and meet the artists of this unique collaboration on Friday, August 5 from 3-5 at the Wild Hare. After the Art Walk, experience Wild Hare’s own culinary artists at the First Friday Wine Bar, 5:00-9:00pm.
For more information about this event go to our Upcoming First Friday Art Walk page.