Posted in First Friday Art Walk on May 27, 2011 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center invites you to their June First Friday Art Walk and opening reception featuring wildlife and landscape artist Rock Bakken and his paintings of Power & Grace. Join us June 3rd from 5 to 7pm with an artist talk at 6pm.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – “The Nature of Things” a collection of pieces from a collection of artists focusing on the flora and fauna of the world around us. Opening reception from 4pm to 6m.
- Beltrami County History Center in conjunction with Gallery North presents, ” Nature’s Bounty,” 17 photographic pieces by Glenn Ferguson now through July 31st, 2011. Free Admission into the Museum on Friday June 3rd, 2011 and every First Friday from 10 to 4pm.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – presents an exhibit with members of Hope House who will be displaying their art work and be reading from their published book, “Here and Not Forgotten”. Join us on June 3rd from 3:00 to 5:00 PM. There will be a short reading from the book at 3:30 PM.
- Brigids Cross Irish Pub and Restaurant – presents work by Erja Wiltse for the month of June. Erja will be at the pub for the First Friday Art Walk from 6-9.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – artists for June are Jake Baggenstoss, Dee Blackowl, Barbra Huewe displaying a variety of charcoal, photography and acrylic paintings. “Meet the Artists Reception” from 4 to 6pm.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – presents photographer Pat Rogness for their June First Friday Art Walk Artist. Reception is from 5 to 7pm.
- Gallery North – welcomes Wanda Odegard as their Showcase Artist and presents Colleen Hilts as their Featured Artist for the month of June. Come and meet Wanda and Colleen during Gallery North’s First Friday open house from 2:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Neilson Place – presents photojournalist Joe Rossi and his new art exhibit, titled “Joe Rossi – Recent Works” and in the Gift Shop at The Bistro in Neilson Place: Local woodworker and fine craftsman, Jeff Larson and local artist Terry Honstead.
- Rail River Folk School – will host The Northwoods Folk Collective Coffeehouse Open Mic offering the community an opportunity to share stories, songs, music and poetry and open for musicians and writers of all experience levels. The June host will be Caige Jambor. Performers come early to sign-up. The show starts at 7:30pm.
- Saarens Productions invites you to stop by the Wild Rose Theatre and Fleur de Lis Gallery at 501 Bemidji Ave. for their June First Friday Art Walk Opening from 2 to 6pm.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse presents local photographer John LaTourelle. Join us for the opening reception on First Friday, June 3rd from 3:00-5:00pm. After the Art Walk, experience Wild Hare’s own culinary artists at the First Friday Wine Bar, 5:00-9:00pm.
More information on the June First Friday Art Walk is located under Upcoming First Friday.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Spoken Word on May 22, 2011 |
The BCAC is proud to present poet Heid Erdrich as their featured writer for the June Spoken Word Series and as a part of the Bemidji Library Book Festival.
Winner of the 2009 Minnesota Book Award for National Monuments, Michigan State University Press, Heid E. Erdrich has authored four books of poetry and co-edited Sister Nations: Native American Women on Community. Heid grew up in Wahpeton, North Dakota and is an enrolled member of the Turtle Mountain Band of Ojibwe. She attended Dartmouth College and Johns Hopkins University. Heid taught college writing for two decades, including many years as a tenured professor. Since 2007, Heid has worked with American Indian visual artists as a curator and has founded a press to publish Ojibwe language books. She regularly serves as a visiting author for colleges, universities and libraries. Heid offers writing workshops and retreats through Split Rock Arts and the Madeline Island School of Art.
READING – June 16th – 7pm at the Native American Resource Center Heid will be reading poetry and brief non-fiction. The reading is free and open to the public. WORKSHOP – June 18th - 9am to noon - Bringing in the Sheaves, a multi-genre workshop on writing with an eye toward creating a book. Limted space – $35 per person, $20 for students.
You can find more information on Heid’s reading and workshop and other BCAC Spoken Word Events here.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized on May 15, 2011 |
Posted in First Friday Art Walk on May 2, 2011 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center invites you to their May First Friday Art Walk and opening reception on May 6th from 4 to 6pm featuring the Annual 5th Grade Invitational
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – artist for May is Candice Billups, featuring ‘Birch Leaf Miner’ from 4-6 pm
- Beltrami County History Center in conjunction with Gallery North presents, ” Nature’s Bounty,” 17 photographic pieces by Glenn Ferguson now through July 31st, 2011.
- Brigids Cross Irish Pub and Restaurant – presents the work of artist Nicolle Giese for the month of May. Opening Friday, May 6th from 4 to 5:30.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – artist for May will be photographer Cal Rice with his exhibit, “Developing a Vision” - receoption from 4 to 6pm.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – presents artist Paul Krueger for their May Artist join us for the opening reception on Friday May 6th from 5 to 7pm.
- Gallery North – presents Showcase Artist, Frank Bera from Hines, MN and Featured Artists for the month of May are basket maker Monie Martin new member, Penny Lovegreen who will show how she creates her woven paper artwork and jewelry.
- Neilson Place – The Neilson Place Art Committee is pleased to present photojournalist Joe Rossi and his new art exhibit, titled “Joe Rossi – Recent Works.” ALSO – New in the Gift Shop at The Bistro in Neilson Place: Local woodworker and fine craftsman, Jeff Larson and artist Terry Honstead will also be displaying and selling her work at the Bistro.
- Rail River Folk School – will host The Northwoods Folk Collective Coffeehouse Open Mic. May host will be John Henningsgard. Performers come early to sign-up. The show starts at 7:30pm. Art exhibt by Erja Wiltse with reception from 7 to 10pm.
- Saarens Productions invites you to stop by the Wild Rose Theatre and Fleur de Lis Gallery First Friday Art Walk Opening from 2 to 6pm.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House – will present “One More Barn”, by of D.L. Houseman from 3:00-5:00pm. After the Art Walk, experience Wild Hare’s own culinary artists at the First Friday Wine Bar, 5:00-9:00pm.
- Special event at Wild Hare First Saturday, premieres the Indian Month Poetry Reading Series for May 2011, May 7th at 5pm with Jamison C. Mahto and his Indian Month Poetry Reading Series. This event is free of charge and open to the public. Following the reading on Saturday, May 7th, from 7:00 to 9:00pm the Bemidji Live Performance Series continues! Tickets- $8.00 available at the Wild Hare Bistro, Harmony Co-op 117 3rd St. NW Bemidji or by calling Drew @ 218 760 9278
Read Full Post »