Posted in First Friday Art Walk on February 28, 2011 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center First Friday Art Walk and Opening Reception 5 to 7pm – March 4th, 2011 featuring “Flora and Fauna” by Natalia Himmirska, Assistant Professor of Visual Arts at Bemidji State University. In support of Natalia’s exhibit, she will be sharing work created by her pupils. Join us for a reception from 5 to 7pm with an artist lecture at 6pm.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – featured Artist and exhibit for March is Paula Swenson’s “A Piece of Warmth” featuring a collection of artwork from 2010. Reception from 4pm to 6pm on March 4th.
- Beltrami County History Center - The Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North presents, “Reflections by Kay” a series of paintings by Kay Schuver now through the end of March. Stop by and enjoy refreshments and Free Admission into the Museum on Friday March 4th, 2011 and every First Friday from 10 to 4pm.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – presents BHS 9th grader, Miranda Rosequist who has been working with Art Teacher Nina Lubarski as a part of the “Artist Mentor Program” through the Region 2 Arts Council. Join us on March 4th from 3:30 to-5pm to meet Miranda and visit with her about her work. “This activity is funded in whole or in part by a Region 2 Arts Council Grant through an appropriation by the Minnesota State Legislature Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund passed by Minnesota voters on November 4, 2008.”
- Brigids Cross Irish Pub and Restaurant – presents Danielle Blanchfield as their featured artist for the month of March with her exhibit, “Welcome To The Light Show”. Join us for Danielle’s opening reception as a part of the First Friday Art Walk on March 4th from 4 to 6pm.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – presents their March and April Artist, photographer Marlys Brown. A reception for Marlys will be next month during the April First Friday Art Walk.
- Gallery North – invites you to their March 4th First Friday Open House from 2 to 5pm to meet their featured Showcase Artists, members of the Headwaters Basketmakers Guild and the Gallery North Featured Member for March - artist and rosemaler Julie Dodge Johnson. Julie will be on hand and demonstrating the basic strokes used to form designs that create this beautiful decorative folk art.
- Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – presents the work of the late Eugene Dalzotto, artist and professor of art, on March 4th as a part of the First Friday Art Walk. The public is invited to join us in celebrating the work of this outstanding Bemidji artist. Join us on March 4th from 4 to 6 PM.
- Neilson Place - The North Country Health Services Art Committee is pleased to present photojournalist Joe Rossi and his new art exhibit, titled “Joe Rossi – Recent Works.” Join us on Friday, March 4th from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the Neilson Place Lobby for this First Friday Art Walk Opening Reception. A brief presentation will be held at 3:00 pm. ALSO - New in the Gift Shop at The Bistro in Neilson Place: Local woodworker and fine craftsman, Jeff Larson and multi media artist Terry Honstead.
- Rail River Folk School - presents the Northwoods Folk Collective and its time-honored First Friday Coffeehouse in an exciting new location, the Rail River Folk School. For musicians and writers of all experience levels. The March host will be Don Zieman. Performers come early to sign-up. The show starts at 7:30pm.
- Saarens Productions invites you to stop by the Wild Rose Theatre and Fleur de Lis Gallery at 501 Bemidji Ave. for their March First Friday Art Walk Opening from 2 to 6pm.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House – presents, “The Schoolcraft Learning Community Invitational” March 4th – 30th. This show will be dedicated to Dann Siems and his work to integrate science and the arts in the learning environment. Join us for the opening reception on the first Friday of March 4th from 3:00-5:00pm.
For more information on the Upcoming First Friday in March.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Exhibitions on February 27, 2011 |
The Bemidji Community Art Center would like to thank our Members for sharing their artwork and pieces from their personal collections for this years Annual Members Show. We had a wonderful turnout for the reception on Feb 4th and many visitors in during the month who enjoyed the exhibit.
Exhibiting artists include: Charles Alberti, Patricia Brittain, Cindy Burger, Melissa Burness, Marlon Davidson, Don Knudson, Candyce Fitzloff-Westfield, Laura Golias, Kathy Gustafson, Natalia Himmirska, Terry Honstead, Marion Janikowski, B.E. Jolly, Angeline Burke Kalmer, Maria Kne, Lonnie Knutson, Kristin Majkrzak, Pamela Nelson. Pat Oldham, Michael Olson, Cal Rice, Dianne Roholt, Pat Schnell, Pat Shough, Bill Smith, Shirley Solberg, Paula Swenson, David Towley and Kathy Towley.
Members sharing work from their collections include: Patricia Grimes, H.B. Roholt and Anthony Swann.
Read Full Post »
Posted in First Friday Art Walk on February 1, 2011 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center – invites you to the Annual “Members Show” as a part of the First Friday Art Walk on February 4th, 2011. Join us for our opening reception from 5 to 7pm featuring work that is created or collected by members of the Bemidji Community Art Center.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – featured Artist for Feb is Mary Therese Peterson. She will also be demonstrating silk painting techniques during the opening reception from 4pm to 6pm. Bad Cat Creations is a boutique featuring Art & Fine Craft by over 50 different artists and an eclectic selection of fun gifts
- Beltrami County History Center - The Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North presents, “Reflections by Kay” a series of paintings by Kay Schuver now through the end of March. Stop by and enjoy refreshments and Free Admission into the Museum on Friday Feb. 4th, 2011 and every First Friday from 10 to 4pm.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – presents Marilyn Glidden as their featured artist for February at Bemidji Public Library with her exhibit “The Seasons”. Join us on February 4th from 3 to-5pm to meet Marilyn and visit with her about her work.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – presents artist and painter, Aryn Bergsven. Join us on Friday Feb 4th for our “Meet the Artist Reception” and as a part of the First Friday Art Walk from 4 to 6pm.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – features work by artist and photographer Cal Rice now through the end of February.
- Gallery North – invites you to their February First Friday Open House from 2 to 5pm to meet their featured Showcase Artist, Beverly Joslyn from Walker. Gallery North Member Mary Morton will also be present featuring her Rosemaling and Ukrainian eggs.
- Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – is hosting the art work of painter, Eli Balbach, a junior Visual Arts major at Bemidji State University, now through the month of February. Join us for his February First Friday reception from 4 to 6 PM.
- Neilson Place -“Pathways – the Art of Bemidji State University.” This exhibit will display new work by art students under the tutelage of Natalia Himmirska. This special exhibit will be on display now through the month of February. Also the Bistro at WoodsEdge features local artists and wood turners Dave and Kathy Towley.
- Old Friends – New Venue! – Northwoods Folk Collective’s First Friday Coffeehouse At Rail River Folk School ! Starting Friday, February 4, The Northwoods Folk Collective First Friday Coffeehouse will present its time-honored First Friday Coffeehouse in an exciting new location, the Rail River Folk School. Rail River is located in The Warehouse building. Just cross the Irvine Avenue Bridge and turn left. Performers come early to sign-up. The show starts at 7:30. Rail River Folk School is located at 303 Railroad St. SW.
- Saarens Productions invites you to stop by the Wild Rose Theatre and Fleur de Lis Gallery at 501 Bemidji Ave. for their February First Friday Art Walk Opening. The Fleur de Lis features work by local, regional, and national artists in a new exhibit rotation as part of the First Friday Events. Gallery hours are Wednesday to Friday, 2pm to 6pm & Saturdays, Noon to 4pm.
- Touche` Gallery – Bemidji State University – presents “For The Birds” – by Ian Higgins, January 31- February 11. Join us for the Exhibit Reception on Friday, February 4th from 1- 5 p.m.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse presents “Fowl Weather Friends”, recent works by Malisa R. Van Maasdam, February 4th through March 2nd. Join us for the opening reception during the First Friday Art Walk, February 4th, from 3:00 to 5:00pm.
For more information on the February First Friday go to our Upcoming First Friday page.
Read Full Post »