Ring in the New Year with the First Friday Art Walk in Bemidji on January 7th, 2011
- The Bemidji Community Art Centeris not open for the January First Friday Art Walk - The BCAC will be closed through Jan 17th and re-open for regular hours on the 18th. Call for Art for the Annual “Members Show”! If you are currently a member of the Bemidji Community Art Center and you are an artist or you have art you want to share, please take this unique opportunity to participate in the BCAC Annual Members Show opening on February 4th, 2011.The Exhibit Committee will be accepting submissions of work from BCAC Members January 18th through the 28th. We will accept 1 to 3 pieces per artist for approval and installation. Include with your submission; your contact info., title of piece, artist name, medium, NFS or listing price if you wish to sell the piece. Please bring your art to the BCAC located at 426 Bemidji Ave N during the gallery hours, Tues through Friday 12 to 5. Call or email if you need to make other arrangements for dropping off your work. 218-444-7570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – Bad Cat Creations featured Artist for January is Shanna Mae Olsen. In her show, “Transformation”, Shanna Mae brings you into her world of textile experimentation with a large scale textile sculpture, unique plushies, functional wallets and other surprises! Shanna Mae will be in store for our opening reception on January 7th from 4-6pm.
- Beltrami County History Center The Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North presents, “Reflections by Kay” a series of paintings by Kay Schuver. ALSO FEATURED: A New Exhibit at Beltrami County History Center. As part of the John Morrison American Indian Collection, the Beltrami County Historical Society presents its newest exhibit, Baskets and Beads: Weaving Traditions.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – Announces the opening of their January Exhibit on the 7th as a part of the First Friday Art Walk presenting work by Artists of Gallery North. Join us from 3 to 5pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk for refreshments and to meet the artists and see their work.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – presents Arnold Volker with Real Stone and Sherry Gendron from Next Innovations as their Featured January Artists. Using the colorful, local field stone from the Itasca Moraine, Real Stone has partnered with their sister company, Next Innovations of Walker to bring you some very unique & decorative wall art, made out of stone and steel. Join us from 5 to 7pm for the opening reception to meet Arnold and Sherry and learn more about their creative and innovative work.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – invites you to their January First Friday Art Walk opening featuring work by artist and photographer Cal Rice. Highlighting the incredible beauty of Costa Rica, in photos taken on a Jan 2010 trip, Cal showcases the natural beauty of this part of the world. Join us on Jan 7th from 5 to 7pm.
- Neilson Place - The North Country Health Services Art Committee continues their exhibit featuring a group exhibition entitled “Pathways – the Art of Bemidji State University.” This exhibit will display new work by art students under the tutelage of Natalia Himmirska. Also the Bistro at WoodsEdge will feature new Gift Items by local artists and wood turners Dave and Kathy Towley featuring functional art pieces that are both beautiful to view and to use at your table on a daily basis.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House – will present “People & Places”, recent screen prints by Cody Bartz, January 7th through February 2nd. With a love for technology and a passion for art, Cody combines the technical abilities of the computer with the handmade qualities of printmaking to portray humans within a modern and abstract landscape. Join us for the opening reception during the First Friday Art Walk, January 7th, from 3:00 to 5:00pm.