Posted in First Friday Art Walk on November 30, 2010 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center – the BCAC invites you to the 3rd Annual SHOP 426 Holiday Open House and First Friday Art Walk Reception on December 3rd from 5 to 7pm and Sat December 4th from 10am to 4pm featuring unique art & gift ideas starting at $10.00!! Enjoy delicious treats, hot cider and music while you browse the great selection of handmade fine art and craft. For Two Days Only – Free Gift Wrap with all purchases during this special Holiday Open House!!! Still time to see our current EXHIBIT!! The 8th Annual It’s Only Clay showing now through Dec 18th!
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – Bad Cat Creation’s Featured Artist for December is Malisa VanMaasdam and her exhibit “Water, Wood and Wire”, a collection of sculptural pieces created from drift wood from Lake Michigan, combined with wire and watercolor mono-prints Dec 3rd from 4-6pm.
- Beltrami County History Center - The Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North presents, “Winter Wonderland” now through the end of December. Free Admission into the Museum on Friday Dec 3rd and every First Friday from 10 to 4pm.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – Announces the opening of their December Exhibit on Dec 3rd, as a part of the First Friday Art Walk - “Art in Childcare” sponsored by the Bemidji Early Childhood Initiative, coordinated by Dacia Dauner. The artists are children ages 2 – 6 from area Home Daycares, Childcare Centers, and Preschools.
- Brigids Cross Irish Pub and Restaurant - Brigids Cross Irish Pub and Restaurant continues with artist Angela Shogren as their featured artist for the months of November and December.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – presents “Works In Wool” by area artist Jane Carlstrom for the month of December. Join us from 5 to 7pm for the opening reception.
- Dunn Bros Coffee –presents work by artist Nora Peterson for the month of December as a part of the First Friday Art Walk. Join us from 5 to 7pm for the Opening Reception and debut exhibit of this young and emerging local artist.
- Gallery North – invites you to their December First Friday Open House from 2 to 5pm to meet their featured Gallery Artist and Author Mary Knox Johnson and Gallery Artist and Illustrator Marion Caroline Reil and their December Guest Artist, R.J. Cummings of Detroit Lakes. Also featured will be some very special guests from Whipstaff Animal Rescue who will be present with puppies and dogs available for adoption.
- Headwaters School of Music and the Arts – invites you to the Violin Showcase and Sale Friday, December 3 from 3:00pm-7:00pm and Saturday, December 4 from Noon-6:00pm featuring a wide range of new, used, and fine vintage instruments on display at the Headwaters School of Music and the Arts by artist, John Vincent of the Fiddle Factory, Bemidji, MN.
- Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – will feature the drawings of Malisa VanMaasdam through the month of December.
- Lueken’s Village Foods North –announces their rotating gallery will showcase work during the month of December, of painter, Maureen O’Brian. Join us on Friday, December 3, from 5 to 7pm .
- Neilson Place - The North Country Health Services Art Committee continues their exhibit featuring a group exhibition entitled “Pathways – the Art of Bemidji State University.” This exhibit will display new work by art students under the tutelage of Natalia Himmirska now through the month of January. Also the Bistro at WoodsEdge will feature new Gift Items by local artists and wood turners David and Kathy Towley.
- Saarens Productions and the Northwood’s Folk Collective invites you to stop by the Wild Rose Theatre at 501 Bemidji Ave.for the Northwoods Folk Collective and the exhibit at the Fleur de Lis Gallery. The Fleur de Lis Art Gallery will feature works of local, regional, and national artists in a new exhibit rotation beginning Friday, December 3, as part of the First Friday Events.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House – will present “Forest Quilts: Patterns in Boxes and Boards” by Timothy Brockman opening on December 3rd from 3:00 to 5:00pm.
For more information on the December First Friday events go to the Upcoming First Friday page.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized on November 6, 2010 |
Leave a Comment »
The BCAC and BSU Visual Arts Dept would like to announce this years BCAC Placement Awards which are made possible, in part, by a grant from the Region 2 Arts Council through funding provided by the McKnight Foundation and the Margaret Harlow Collection – BSU Purchase Awards.
Harlow Purchase Award work is selected by Butch Holden, Ceramics Professor and Chair of the BSU Visual Arts Department. The work is selected independantly of BCAC award winners and on the basis of characteristics that will enhance this permanent teaching and exhibit collection. The Harlow Collection at Bemidji State University is dedicated to functional ceramics. This years selections are;
- Matthew Patton – Armor Clad Tray – Seattle WA
- Debra Oliva – Etched Bowl – Okemos, MI
- Justin Lambert – Flask – Jupiter, FL
- Monica Ripley – Set of 3 Tumblers – Somerville, MA
- Matt Mitros – Three Flower Vase – Seattle, WA
This years BCAC 1st, 2nd and 3rd placement awards were selected by this years guest artist and juror Simon Levin. Simon’s selections were made independantly of the Harlow Collection Purchase Awards. The BCAC would like to thank Simon for his work on this year’s It’s Only Clay event and for creating such a beautiful exhibit. We would also like to thank all the artists who submitted work for jury. This years Awardees are;
- 1st Place – Mike Stumbras – Tea Bowl
- 2nd Place – Debra Oliva – Etched Bowl
- 3rd Place – Justin Lambert – Flask
Read Full Post »
Posted in First Friday Art Walk on November 1, 2010 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center – Join us from 5 to 7 PM for “It’s Only Clay – 2010”, featuring IOC 2010 juror and artist, Simon Levin. Simon will be presenting an artist talk and award presentation at 6 PM. IOC 2010 is Co-sponsored by the BCAC and BSU Visual Arts Department. Support is provided by the Holiday Inn Express – Bemidji, BSU Foundation and the BSU Ceramics Club. IOC 2010 is also made possible, in part, by a grant from the Region 2 Arts Council through funding from the McKnight Foundation.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – featured Artist is photographer Pamela Lee Johnson. Join us for the opening reception of “Shades of Gray”on November 5th from 4 pm to 6pm.
- Beltrami County History Center - in conjunction with Gallery North presents, “Winter Wonderland” now through the end of December. Free Admission every First Friday!
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall – Join us on Nov 5th from 3 to 5pm for the opening of “UP CLOSE AND ….” by artist Judith Selby and a demo of painting on rice paper using nature as the theme.
- Brigids Cross Irish Pub and Restaurant – presents Angela Shogren as their featured artist for the months of November and December. Her work can be enjoyed at the pub Monday through Saturday starting on November 5th.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café - presents the work of local artist Terry Honstead. Join us from 4 to 6pm for the opening reception of her exhibit “Give a Little Art” featuring small paintings and glass available for purchase, all reasonably priced and just in time for the holidays.
- Dunn Bros Coffee –presents work by artist Marlon Amaro for the month of November. Join us from 5 to 7pm for the Opening Reception and debut exhibit of “From Silver Screen to Silk Screen”.
- Gallery North – invites you to their November First Friday opening reception from 2 to 5pm to meet their Featured Artist – Gallery North member, Marie Hamre who will be demonstrating the unique art of tatting. In addition, as our November Showcase the annual Christmas Boutique will open for the season featuring a large variety of unique and affordable Holiday items.
- Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – will feature the drawings of Malisa VanMaasdam through the months of November and December. There will be a First Friday event at the church from 3 to 5 PM, on November 5th. The public is welcome.
- NEW LOCATION!! Lueken’s Village Foods North – presents the work of Tom Kirkpatrick in their new rotating gallery. Tom’s “Kirkpatrick Kreative Kolorings” includes bright and colorful drawings of romantic whimsy and serious, gritty black and white pieces rendered in pencil, ink, colored pencils, and block printing. Meet the artist between 5:00 and 7:00 pm, in the conference room.
- Neilson Place - invites you to their First Friday Art Walk Opening Reception featuring a group exhibition entitled “Pathways – the Art of Bemidji State University.” This exhibit will display new work by art students under the tutelage of Natalia Himmirska. Join us for the Opening Reception from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. with a brief presentation at 3:00 pm. Also the Bistro at WoodsEdge will feature new Gift Items by local artisans renowned for their Fine Craft Wood Turning, Dave and Kathy Towley.
- Saarens Productions and the Northwood’s Folk Collective invites you to stop by the Wild Rose Theatre for the Northwoods Folk Collective and exhibit at the Fleur de Lis Gallery. Saarens Productions is proud to announce they have the honor of exhibiting art by the legendary comedienne, Miss Phyllis Diller. Her pieces will be unveiled on Friday, November 5th during the First Friday Art Walk from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Miss Diller’s work will join local and regional artists
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House – will present the paintings and drawings of Charles Pulkrabek November 5th through 30th. Join us for the opening reception during the First Friday Art Walk, November 5th from 3:00 to 5:00pm.
Read Full Post »