Posted in First Friday Art Walk on July 31, 2010 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center will not be hosting a First Friday event due to the Dragon boat races. Please join us on Wednesday, Aug 11th from 6 to 8pm for a reading by writer and poet Sean Hill, as a part of the BCAC’s Spoken Word Series and the Bemidji Library Book Festival. Reading begins promptly at 7pm. Sean will also be hosting a writer’s workshop on Sat Aug 14th from 9am to noon. Space is limited so call for availability. The current exhibits, 6 McKnight Artists and the Headwaters Basketmakers Guild will continue to run through August 25th.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – will present “Fragments- Disparate Parts To Make A Whole”, NEW mixed media collage works by local artist Terry Garrett for the month of August. Terry will be at Bad Cat on Friday August 6th from 4-6pm for the Opening Reception.
- Beltrami County History Center The Beltrami County Historical Society presents “Patterns and People” by photographer and artist John Eggers. Stop by and enjoy refreshments and Free Admission into the Museum on Friday August 6th and every First Friday from 10 to 4pm.
- Bemidji Public Library presents original watercolors from the children’s book Thoughts from Pudge (A Philosophical Look at Life from a Dog’s Point of View) by local artists Mary Knox-Johnson & Marion Caroline Reil. Join us on Aug 6th from 3 to 5pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk to visit with Mary and Marion about their work. .
- Brigids Cross Irish Pub and Restaurant- will continue their exhibit by artist Jonathan Billing through the month of August.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café presents work by Jane Marks-Hastig, a unique up-cycling artist in the Bemidji area, for the month of August. Join us for free coffee and desserts and to meet Jane from 4pm – 6pm as part of the Bemidji First Friday Art Walk.
- Dunn Bros Coffee –invites you to their August First Friday Art Walk Opening Reception from 5 to 7pm featuring by work Kathy Gustafson entitled “Shared Virtues”.
- Gallery North – invites you to their August First Friday opening reception from 2 to 5pm to meet their Featured Artist – Gallery North member, Erma Stelter. Also at the reception is Showcase Artist, Carolyn Gobberg.
- Neilson Place – The North Country Health Services Art Committee continues it’s exhibit “The Language of Flowers” by Bemidji Artist Pamela Nelson now through October. NEW WORK! Also featured in the new Coffee and Gift Shop, The Bistro at WoodsEdge, will be pottery by artist Butch Holden.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House - presents paintings by Danielle Dressler. Join us for her opening reception during the First Friday Art Walk, August 6th, from 3:00 to 5:00pm.
For more information about the Upcoming First Friday Artwalk for August.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Exhibitions on July 23, 2010 |
The BCAC opened their new exhibits “6 McKnight Artists” and “Headwaters Basketmakers Guild” on July 2nd as a part of the First Friday Art Walk in Bemidji.
Presenting on Friday night were the two Fellowship Recipients of the 2009 – 6 McKnight Artists exhibit, Marko Fields (above left) and Andrea Leila Denecke. (Above right – image detail, Prince Darwin Loves the Hot Pillow Princess by Marko Fields.) “This activity was made possible, in part, by the Region 2 Arts Council through funding from the Minnesota State Legislature.”
- Left: Ikebana III & IV by Andrea Leila Denecke
- Middle: Ice Mountain by Margaret O’Rourke
- Right: Remains by Alyssa Wood
Guests were also able to visit with artists from the local Basketmakers Guild and view work created in celebration of their 20th Anniversary. Work for their exhibit ranges from the newest to original members.
Cherokee Urn by Frances Kiefer - Sweet Grass Baskets by Monie Martin
The exhibit is open now through August 25th, 2010.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Art in the Park on July 10, 2010 |
Join us on July 17th from 10am to 5pm and 18th from 10am to 4pm for the 43rd Annual Art in the Park Fine Art and Craft Fair. This is Bemidji’s premiere art fair held annually on beautiful Lake Bemidji in Library Park. Fun for all ages with two exciting days of art, food, hands-on activities and entertainment. Over one hundred artists showcasing ceramics, wood furniture and accessories, jewelry, stained glass, paintings, sculpture, fabrics, floral arrangements, weaving and much more.
Join us on the shores of the lake in Downtown Bemidji just 1 Block North of Paul and Babe! For more information call the BCAC at 218-444-7570.
OTHER AREA EVENTS THIS WEEKEND!!
Paul Bunyan Playhouse - “Dracula” 8pm performance.
Quilts for All Seasons Show - July 16th: 10am-8pm and July 17th: 10am-4pm in the John Glas Fieldhouse on the campus of BSU
Bemidji Symphony Orchestra Summer Pops Concert - Free and open to the public July 17 at 7:30 p.m. in the Bemidji High School Auditorium.Join Bemidji Symphony Orchestra and Bemidji Chorale for an exciting evening of fun, history and beautiful music. Hear Randall Thompson’s exquisite “Testament of Freedom” performed under the direction of Music Director, Dr. Beverly Everett. Based on four texts of Thomas Jefferson, this beloved choral and orchestral work will be enhanced with commentary by Thomas Jefferson, portray by acclaimed historian, Clay S. Jenkinson.
Paul Bunyan Vintage Car Club – Cruise, Car Show – Swap Meet and Crafts July 17 and 18.
Bemidji Community Band Concert – Baker Park at 7pm on Sunday the 18th.
Read Full Post »