Posted in Events, First Friday Art Walk on March 26, 2010 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center First Friday Art Walk Opening reception – April 2nd from 4 to 6pm featuring the 10th Annual High School Invitational – showcasing work by Area High School Students from the Bemidji High School, Lumberjack School, Trek North and Cass Lake – Bena High School.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – In honor of Earth Day, on April 22nd, Bad Cat Creations will feature “green” artist Jane Marks-Hastig from 4 to 6 PM.
- Beltrami County History Center - The Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North, presents “Birds of a Feather”
- Bemidji Public Library is pleased to present artist Marion Caroline and her exhibit “Bemidji Ecliptic” for the Library Art Wall in April.
- Brigids Cross Irish Pub invites you to their First Friday Art Walk and Opening Reception on April 2nd featuring artist Jake Anderson from 5-7
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – will be hosting an opening for their April artists; Danielle Blanchfield, Beth Schenck and Jacob Baggenstoss from 4 to 6pm
- Dunn Bros Coffee –is pleased to present the work of artist Jess Watnemo Storey and her exhibit “Vision Escapes” , reception is from 5 to 7 PM.
- Gallery North – Join us from 2-5 pm for our open house. April Showcase Wall will feature “Budding Artists” a display of young children’s artwork from area daycares participating in the Bemidji Early Childhood Initiative “Art in Childcare Grant”.
- Glazed & Amused – While on the First Friday Art Walk stop by Glazed & Amused – Paint your Own Pottery Studio located at 311 3rd Street in downtown Bemidji. Check out the window display featuring beautiful ceramic pieces painted by the customers, walk-in painters are always welcome!!! We are open Wed. to Fri. from 12 to 9pm, Sat 10am to 9pm & Sun. 12 to 5pm. For more information call 218-333-6880 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – will continue to host works by former Bemidjian, Pat Black, for the month of April.
- Mask & Rose Women’s Theater Collective and the Northwood’s Folk Collective invites you to stop by on April 2nd to join us for the Northwoods Folk Collective at 7:30 pm with sign up starting at 6:30. Continuing to show in the Fleur di Lis Gallery for the Month of April – “Mother Art” .
- Neilson Place – The North Country Health Services Art Committee presents work by artist Kate Lalone and her exhibit, “Visions of Life.”
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House - proudly presents “Magic and Medicine”, new works by ceramicist Cyrus Swann, April 2nd through 28th. Join us for the opening reception on First Friday, April 2nd from 3:00 to 5:00pm.
For more information on all First Friday events go to our Upcoming First Friday page.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Exhibitions on March 17, 2010 |
The BCAC hosted the opening of their March exhibit on the 5th as a part of the First Friday Art Walk, featuring the work of Bemidji State University Student, Lauralee Simons. Exhibit runs March 5th to the 27th. The Temper of Complexion – “I have created an eclectic mix of sculpture, painting and fiber arts to deal with the internal self and how if plays on the exterior of the outer self. This echo of the internal world is portrayed on the surface through large masses and facets, jagged and smooth textures, color and a variation of gestures” – Lauralee Simons
"The Human Landscape"
This Senior Exhibit is in partial fulfillment of the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Visual Arts at Bemidji State University
Cultivaion of the Bonsai
Read Full Post »
Posted in Friends of the Arts on March 10, 2010 |
For the 22nd year the Bemidji Community Art Center is asking people in the Bemidji Community and surrounding area to nominate this year’s Friend of the Arts. The nominee for the Friend of the Arts award should be a living person (or couple) who has given generously of time and effort to promote the arts in the greater Bemidji area.
Nominations must be received at the Bemidji Community Art Center (BCAC) at 426 Bemidji Ave, Bemidji, MN 56601, no later than April 14th, 2010. The public will be informed of the selection committee’s choice after May 1st with the announcement of the celebration to follow.
Starting back in 1989 with our first honoree Helen Gill, the very first Friends of the Arts Award was presented, and since then has continued a long standing tradition of acknowledging those in our community who have been committed to the arts. Helen’s picture along with those award winners who followed her can be seen on display in the Bemidji Public Library Meeting room. Tickets for this year’s Gala event will go on sale at the Bemidji Community Art Center after May 1st.
If you know someone who should be honored by the Bemidji Community Art Center and the community of Bemidji, please contact the BCAC for more information. Nominations forms are available here.
The BCAC Friends of the Arts Award is sponsored, in part by, our Business Partners; First National Bank Bemidji, North Country Health Services, Paul Bunyan Telephone and Dunn Bros Coffee
Read Full Post »
Posted in First Friday Art Walk on March 2, 2010 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center 5 to 7pm featuring “The Temper of Complexion” – a Senior Exhibit by Lauralee Simons. This exhibit is in partial fulfillment of the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Visual Arts at Bemidji State University.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts – featured artist for March is photographer, Melissa Burness. Opening reception from 4 to 6pm
- Beltrami County History Center in conjunction with Gallery North, presents “Birds of a Feather” 10am to 4pm.
- Bemidji Public Library present artists from TrekNorth High School Students showing work include: Raven Clark, Emily Bauer, Marisha Lindquist, Arianna Karstens, Josh LaRue, Rachel Lash, Rachel Reese, Hannah Ehli, Linnea Helgeson, Philip Durst, and Brea Blankenfeld. Reception 3:30 to 5:00 pm
- Brigids Cross Irish Pub and Restaurant- will host artist Terry Honstead for the opening of her latest exhibit “Hidden Dreams” from 4 to 6pm.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café -will be hosting an opening for their March artist Jenn Anderson and her exhibit “My Therapy, Revealed on Canvas” from 5 to 7pm.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – continues their exhibit with artist of Pat Oldham for the month of March.
- Gallery North – First Friday reception is from 2 t0 5pm. Showcase Artist is DuWayne Schwindt of RAKO WOODS featuring his exhibit of intarsia designed “wood inlay” projects. Featured Artist for March is Julie Johnson, who works in the art of rosemaling.
- Glazed & Amused – While on the First Friday Art Walk stop by Glazed & Amused – Paint your Own Pottery Studio located at 311 3rd Street in downtown Bemidji.
- Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship –Headwaters Unitarian Fellowship will host art works by former Bemidjian, Pat Black, for the months of March and April. Join us from from 4 to 6pm.
- Mask & Rose Women’s Theater Collective and the Northwood’s Folk Collective invites you to stop by on Friday March 5th to join us for the Northwoods Folk Collective at 7:30 pm. NEW EXHIBIT – opening for the Month of March in the Fleur di Lis Gallery “Mother Art” curated by Nina Lubarski.
- Neilson Place – The North Country Health Services Art Committee invites you to their First Friday Art Walk Opening Reception from 3 to 5pm featuring artist Kate Lalone and her exhibit, “Visions of Life.”
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House - presents the paintings of Mary Lingen at an opening reception from 3 to 5pm.
For more detail on the Upcoming First Friday.
Read Full Post »