Posted in Events, Exhibitions on February 12, 2010 |
Red Tail Hawk Warrior by Gordan VanWert
Bernice by Alice Blessing
Work by artists Nathan Bray, Butch Holden and Terry Honstead
BCAC opened the new year with our Annual BCAC Members Show featuring work created by member artists of the BCAC as a part of the February First Friday Art Walk on February 5th.
Main Gallery Members Show
The evening hosted many of the BCAC artists and visitors were able to meet our special guest, Katie Carter, the new Region 2 Arts Council Program Assistant. The evening program featured a press conference to announce the new Arts & Cultural Heritage (Legacy) grants and programs. This roll out announcement included a brief talk by Sue Gens, the executive director of the Minnesota State Arts Board and Sheila Smith the director of MN Citizens for the Arts about the Legacy amendment.
Sue Gens speaks to visitors at the Art Center
Read Full Post »
Posted in Events on February 4, 2010 |
Calling all artists with studios within a 40 mile radius of Bemidji, Minnesota! Applications are now being taken for the Bemidji – First City of Arts Studio Cruise 2010.
This, the third year for the ‘Cruise’, is an opportunity for artists to invite the public into their studios and showcase their art and craft. This interaction serves to strengthen the public’s awareness of the creative process while providing the artist an opportunity to learn first hand the public’s perception of their work as well as the potential for direct sales and commissions and to raise the public’s awareness of the dynamic art scene in the Bemidji Area.
Studio Cruise Dates are October 22, 23 & 24, 2010 (MEA weekend). Deadline for all applications is postmark by March 15, 2010. Fees include a $10 non-refundable jury fee and $100 artist participation fee.
Interested artists are encouraged to apply by completing the 1st City of Arts Studio Cruise 2010 Application available here or at the First City of the Arts website and mailing it to the First City of the Arts c/o Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce.
New this year!!! Artists who may not have a studio available for visitors to show and demonstrate their process, can be a Guest Artist at a Host Studio location for the 2010 ‘Cruise’.
Please note that ALL artists must successfully meet the jury and monetary qualifications and requirements established for participating in the Cruise. Each location is limited to having a maximum of three artists total at any Host studio location.
Questions may be directed to Dave Towley at 218-333-3547 (email@example.com) or Lori Forshee-Donnay at 218-444-7570 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Read Full Post »
Posted in First Friday Art Walk on February 1, 2010 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center – First Friday Art Walk reception on February 5th from 5 to 7pm. Join us for the Annual BCAC Members Show featuring work created by member artists of the BCAC. At 6pm the Region 2 Arts Council will hold a press conference to announce the new Arts & Cultural Heritage (Legacy) grants and programs. This roll out announcement will include a brief talk by legislators about the Legacy amendment. Sue Gens, the executive director of the Minnesota State Arts Board and Sheila Smith the director of MN Citizens for the Arts will also be present.
- Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – Headwaters Unitarian is hosting paintings by Natalia Himmirska now through February. A reception for the artist will be held from 4 to 6pm as a part of the February 5th First Friday at the church.
- Gallery North invites you to their February First Friday Open House on Feb 5th from 2-5pm. Featured Artist for February will be painter Dianna Johnson. The Gallery North Showcase Artist for February is photographer John La Tourelle. AUTHOR OF THE MONTH – Beth Solheim will be featured at a reception to be held on Sat. February 13th.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House – presents “Peacefulness of the Northwoods”, paintings by Maureen O’Brien, February 5th through March 3rd. First Friday reception is from 3 to 5pm.
- Beltrami County History Center The Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North, presents “A Winter Wonderland”.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café – The Cabin Coffeehouse and Café will be hosting an opening for their February artist, photographer Don Schubbe, on Feb 5th from 4pm to 6pm.
- Brigids Cross Irish Pub and Restaurant- Brigid’s Cross invites you to their First Friday Art Walk and Opening Reception on February 5th featuring artists Ashleigh Buck and Candice Billups from 6 to 8pm.
- Bemidji Public Library is pleased to present artist and painter Ron Lyman and his exhibit “Brush Strokes” for the Art Wall in February. Join us from 3-5pm on Friday, February 5th to meet Ron, enjoy refreshments and learn about his oil paintings depicting subject matter in a realistic form.
- Glazed & Amused – While on the First Friday Art Walk stop by Glazed & Amused – Paint your Own Pottery Studio located at 311 3rd Street in downtown Bemidji. open Wed. to Fri. from 12 to 9pm,
- Neilson Place – The North Country Health Services Art Committee continues their exhibit “Let Nature Nurture” by artist Maureen O’ Brien now through the month of February
CALL FOR ART - The North Country Health Services Art Committee will be reviewing artwork at the end of March for the Temporary Exhibition Program at Neilson Place. Application deadline Monday, March 15, 2010. For questions contact Linnea Papke-Larson at email@example.com or 218-333-6285.
Read Full Post »