- Bemidji Community Art Center - Join us for the 2nd Annual SHOP 426 – Holiday Open Housen from 5 to 7pm. EXHIBIT: Still Showing in the Main Gallery now through Dec19th – the 7th Annual It’s Only Clay Juried Ceramics Exhibit.
- Headwaters Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – The Davidson/Knudson exhibition of collaborations continues as a part of the new art exhibit program now through December.
- Gallery North invites you to their December Showcase Christmas Boutique. December Featured Artist is porcelin painter, Nancy Eagleson from 2-5pm.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House – presents “The New Rules of Femininity: A Show For My Daughter” by painter Alice Linda from 3:00 to 5:00 PM.
- Beltrami County History Center in conjunction with Gallery North, presents “School Days” featuring “Free Admission” into the Museum on every First Friday.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café - features Terry Honstead through the 6th with photographer Michael Sunnarborg opening on Wed December 9th from 5pm to 7pm.
- Dunn Bros Coffee – presents the work of artist and freelance photographer Joe Rossi. Join us for Joe’s opening reception from 5 to 7pm.
- Bemidji Public Library presents artist Sean McCroy and his exhibit of photography from 3-5pm.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts -featuring visual artist Terry Honstead. Stop by between 4pm to 6pm to visit with Terry and view her work including mixed media prints & collages, lamp-work glass beads, cards, jewelry and more.
- Glazed & Amused – Paint your Own Pottery Studio located at 311 3rd Street in downtown Bemidji is open for First Friday!
- Neilson Place - featuring artist Maureen O’ Brien and her exhibit, “Let Nature Nurture”. Opening Reception from 3:00 to 5:00pm with an artist presentation at 3:00 pm.
- Mask & Rose Women’s Theater Collective and the Northwood’s Folk Collective - the Northwoods Folk Collective will be upstairs in the Fleur de Lis Gallery at 7:30 pm and Mask & Rose Theatre will host the opening night of their youth theater production, “Seussical the Musical” at 7:00 pm .
- Brigid’s Cross Irish Pub- featuring ceramic artist Nathan Bray from 4 to 6pm.
Archive for November, 2009
The BCAC and BSU Visual Arts Dept would like to announce this years Harlow Collection purchase awards and the BCAC Placement Awards made possible, in part, by the Region 2 Arts Council and the Minnesota State Legislature.
Harlow Purchase Award pieces will now become a part of this permanent teaching and exhibit collection dedicated to functional ceramics at Bemidji State University. This years selections are;
- Top Left: Wenfen Pan from Okemos, MI – Pitcher, stoneware, 6″x4″x4″
- Top Right: Marion Angelica from Minneapolis, MN – Split Moon Platter, porcelain, 1″x 11″x11″
- Lower Left: Marcia Paul from Deephaven, MN – Set of two Tumblers selected for collection, cone 10 soda-fired stoneware, 7″x3″x3″
- Lower Right: Ai Yamamoto from Lansing, MI
The recipients for the BCAC Placement Awards are;
- First Place (top) - Marion Angelica from Minneapolis, MN - $800 Split Moon Platter, Porcelain, 1″x11″x11″
- Second Place (left) – Jon McMillan from Rye, NY – $500 Granary Jar, wood fired stoneware 15″x 13″x13″
- Third Place (right) - Mark Johnson from South Portland, ME – $300 Bowl, white stoneware, cone 10, soda fired, 5″x9″x9″