First Friday Art Walk in Bemidji for May 1st, 2009
- Bemidji Community Art Center - Opening reception May 1st from 4 to 6pm for Annual 5th Grade Invitational. This exhibit features work by ISD 31 5th Graders and our special guest schools, Red Lake Elementary and the Schoolcraft Learning Community. Exhibit runs May1st through the 16th.
- Neilson Place – The North Country Health Services Art Committee is pleased to host Natalia Himmirska’s exhibit, titled, “Embrace” now through June for the pleasure of residents, families, staff and the community at large.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House – will feature Don Houseman’s exhibit entitled “First”, from May 1st through 29th. The show will feature Houseman’s original pen & ink illustrations from his first children’s book, “How Harvey and His Friends Saved the Barn”, which he has written, illustrated and self published. Book signing and reception May 1st from 3:00 to 6:00pm. Also featuring First Friday Wine Bar, from 5:00 to 9:00PM.
- Dunn Bros Coffee continues to exhibit work by photographer Brandon Bjerknes for the month of May with his show entitled “Simply Beautiful”.
- Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts featured artists for May – jewelry artist Crystal Price & fiber artist, Ashleigh Buck. Ashleigh & Crystal will be at Bad Cat Creations for a meet, greet & demo from 4pm to 7pm. Refreshments will be served.
- Beltrami County History Center - The Beltrami County Historical Society, in conjunction with Gallery North, presents “Spring Fling” now through May 2009. Free Admission into the Museum every First Friday from 10 to 4pm.
- Cabin Coffeehouse and Café -invites you to their First Friday Art Walk Reception on May 1st featuring “Then and Now”, a 40 year retrospective of work by painter and mixed media artist, Marion Caroline. Stop by between 4 and 6pm for refreshments and to meet the artist.
- Bemidji Public Library Art Wall is pleased to announce that their featured artist for May is painter, Ivy Bailie. Ivy’s work will be on display now through May.
- Mask & Rose Women’s Theater Collective and the Northwood’s Folk Collective - First Friday Coffeehouse on May 1st at the Wild Rose Theater. starting at 7:30 PM, performer sign-up begins at 6:30 PM, cost is $2.00 single – $5.00 family. NEW EXHIBIT for May in the Fleur de Lis Gallery! “It’s Greek to Me” photos from the Greek Isles by Cate Belleveau and paintings by Alice Linda. Join us at 6:30 for the opening reception at 6:30.
For more information on these events and exhibits go to Upcoming First Friday for details.