Posted in First Friday Art Walk on November 28, 2008 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center Invites you to their December First Friday Art Walk Opening Reception on Dec 5th from 5 to 8pm featuring a Special Holiday Open House for Shop 426 as a part of the Grand Opening Celebration Dec 2 to 6th. Also showing in the Main Gallery: The 6th “It’s Only Clay – 2008”. In Gallery X2:”Working Potter” by Linda Christianson. (“This activity is made possible, in part, by a grant from the Region 2 Arts Council through funding from the Minnesota State Legislature” )
- Beltrami County History Center in conjunction with Gallery North, presents “Winter Fun”.
- Dunn Bros Coffee will host a First Friday Art Walk reception for artist and photographer MaryBeth Vaudrin Dec 5th from 5-7, and their Second Annual Christmas Market Dec 6th and 7th from 10 to 3pm each day.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House Wild Hare Bistro and Coffeehouse proudly presents Timothy Brockman’s “Forest Quilts” a collection of wooden visual delights, celebrating their function as cutting boards and objects of art. Reception from 3:00-5:00PM. After the reception the First Friday Wine Bar, from 5:00 to 9:00PM.
- Gallery North Open House Dec 5th from 2 to 5pm. Gallery North’s Featured Artist for December will be potter Donna Carlson. The December Showcase is Gallery North’s annual Christmas Boutique. Upcoming art class - December 9th from 1 to 4 pm – paint on a feather class.
- Mask & Rose Women’s Theater Collective and the Northwood’s Folk Collective invites you to their First Friday Coffeehouse on December 5th upstairs in the Fleur De Lis Gallery, 7:30 PM, performer sign-up begins at 6:30 PM. The Wild Rose Theater also presents their opening performance of the Christmas musical “Nuncrackers”! Performance starts at 7:00 pm. Nuncrackers will run Dec 5,6,8,12 &13 at 7pm. 1 pm matinee, Dec 7 &14.
- Neilson Place Announces Opening Reception for Butch and Gege Holden on Friday, Dec.5th from 4 to 6 p.m.
For more information on the December First Friday go to our “Upcoming First Friday” page.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Events, First Friday Art Walk on November 13, 2008 |
The BCAC and BSU Visual Arts Dept announced the winners for the 2008 It’s Only Clay Show at the First Friday Art Walk Opening Reception.
- It’s Only Clay 2008
This year’s winners for the BSU Margaret Harlow Collection Purchase Awards are;
- Delores Fortuna – Boat Tray – Galena, IL
- Robin Foster – Cherry Blossom – Red Lake Falls, MN
- Kip O’Krongly – Espresso Trio – Minneapolis, MN
- Marcia Paul – Squared Vessel – Deephaven, MN
- Anna Velkoff Freeman – E.Coli Cup – Norfolk, VA
These works will be purchased and placed in the Margaret Harlow Collection, a permanent collection focusing on functional ceramics. View 2008 Harlow Awardees.
The recipients of the BCAC Placement Awards are;
- First Place $800.00 – Kip O’Krongly – “Espresso Trio” – Minneapolis, MN *Harlow Collection purchase
- Second Place $500.00 – Sarah Tancreed – “Microscopic View Cups” – Bowling Green, OH * NFS
- Third Place $300.00 – KyoungHwa Oh – “Nature to Vessel #5″ – Chester Springs, PA * available for purchase.
These awards are placement and cash prizes and juried on their overall form, function, originality in design and craftsmanship. The BCAC would like to thank the Region 2 Arts Council and the Minnesota State Legislature for making the It’s Only Clay Awards possible. View BCAC IOC Award Winners.
It’s Only Clay 2008 will show now through Dec 20th, 2008. Also Showing in Gallery X2 “Linda Christianson – Working Potter”. Many works from both shows are still available for purchase.
Read Full Post »
Posted in First Friday Art Walk on November 3, 2008 |
Stop by the following locations on November 7th for the monthly First Friday Art Walk Opening Receptions!
- Bemidji Community Art Center Main Gallery: “It’s Only Clay – 2008” a national juried ceramics competition and exhibition focusing on functional ceramics. In Gallery X2:”Working Potter” by Linda Christianson, 2008 Juror of the “It’s Only Clay” 2008. Opening Reception from 5 to 7pm with awards presented at 6pm. Exhibit Nov 7th through Dec 20th. “This activity is made possible, in part, by a grant from the Region 2 Arts Council through funding from the Minnesota State Legislature”
- New Venue!!! Bad Cat Creations Gallery & Gifts announces their Opening Reception Friday Nov. 7th from 5 to 7pm. Featured Nov. artist Linda Brown.
- Beltrami County History Center “Fall into Bemidji”now through November.
- Dunn Bros Coffee continues their exhibit by artist Judith Selby through the month of November.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House ceramic works of Cyrus Swann, November 7th through December 3rd.
- Gallery North Open House Nov 7th from 2 to 5pm. Gallery North’s Featured Artists -Terry Honstead and Mary Knox Johnson. November Showcase will be the opening of Gallery North’s annual Christmas Boutique!
- Mask & Rose Women’s Theater Collective features the Northwood’s Folk Collective for the First Friday Coffeehouse starting at 7:30 PM. Sign up starts at 6:30PM. Writers, poets and musicians welcome. Also in the Fleur de Lis Gallery MaryBeth Vaudrin and Beverlee Olson and their exhibit “The Magic of Glass”. Reception starts at 5:30PM.
- Glazed & Amused Join us on Nov 7th from 3 to 5pm for a ceramic demonstration on the art of sgraffito on bisque pottery by Sandy Henson.
- Neilson Place continues exhibit by Mary Therese Peterson through November The North Country Health Services Art Committee presents “Pieces of Life” by artist Mary Therese Peterson.
Read Full Post »