Posted in Events on October 17, 2008 |
The first annual “First City of the Arts Studio Cruise” will kick off tonight with a reception at the BCAC. Cruise hours start early today at 10am with all studios open until 5pm. Reception is from 6 to 8pm. Enjoy food, refreshments, live music, art and meet the studio cruise artists!! The Cruise continues on Sat. from 10 am to 5pm and Sun from 10am to 3pm.
The Studio Cruise Steering Committee would like to thank all their sponsors for supporting this event. Sponsors include, Visit Bemidji, The Bemidji Pioneer, First National Bank, Artist Mall of Walker, BCAC, Forestedge Winery, Gallery North, Dunn Bros Coffee, Brigids Cross Irish pUB, Wild Hare Bistro, Tutto Bene and all the participating artists.
A special thank you to our reception donars!!! Forestedge Winery, Dunn Bros Coffee, Wildhare Bistro, Brigid’s Cross and Kathy Towley!
Hope to see you on the Cruise!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Exhibitions on October 9, 2008 |
Friday October 3rd the BCAC hosted five Artists and Executive Director Sandra Haff from I Love a parade for our Oct First Friday Art Walk reception from 5 to 7pm. The artists and Sandra were on hand to visit with guests about their work and sign books about the Dolls project. At 6pm Sandra did a presentation discussing the creation and evolution of “I Love a Parade” and “The Dolls” project. Several of the artists also discussed the process to create their individual dolls and some of the symbolism and meaning behind choices that were made during the creative process.
- I Love a Parade on Bemidji Sculpture Walk
A big thank you to Sandy, Lois, LaTonya, Cindy, Rebecca and Sandra for making the long drive to Bemidji to share their work with us in such a personal way. The BCAC would like to thank Bemidji State University Social Work Program, Associate Professor Mary Ann Reitmeir for her support and efforts in getting the artists to Bemidji to participate in the opening reception. The exhibit will continue now through Oct 25th.
For more information about I Love a Parade and their work you can visit them on the web at www.iloveaparade.org
Read Full Post »
Posted in Events, First Friday Art Walk on October 1, 2008 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center First Friday Art Walk Opening Reception Oct 3rd 5 to 7pm. Main Gallery, “The Dolls” – Homeless women telling their stories through art. This special project is brought to us by Sandra Haff and I Love a Parade. I Love a Parade will be our featured guests on October 3rd, 2008 from 5 to 7pm with a book signing and artist talk at 6pm. Also showing in the Main gallery: “Color Studies” by Gege Holden featuring seasonal themes and colors expressed with fabric. In Gallery X2:“Natural Motion” by artist and photographer Sean McCroy. “This activity is made possible, in part, by a grant from the Region 2 Arts Council through funding from the McKnight Foundation.”
- Beltrami County History Center in conjunction with Gallery North, presents “Fall into Bemidji”.
- Dunn Bros Coffee Dunn Bros Coffee presents the work of artist Judith Selby for Oct.
- Wild Hare Bistro and Coffee House “My Minnesota Plus”, photography of D. Bjørn Christian, whimsical photos of Minnesota and the Red River Valley’s nature, architecture, farm machinery, old barns and churches.
- Gallery North: Guest Showcase Artist for October will be artist Patrick Cook with abstract mixed media work. Featured Gallery Artists are Marilyn Glidden, acrylic landscape artist and the work by wildlife photographer and past member Glen Fergeson.
- Mask & Rose Women’s Theater Collective and the Northwood’s Folk Collective invites you to their First Friday Coffeehouse on October 3rd at the Wild Rose Theater starting at 7:30 PM. New First Friday artist in the Fleur de Lis Gallery Nina Lubarski with “There’s a Monster In The Closet”.
For full details on each location go to Upcoming First Friday.
Read Full Post »