BCAC-continues Dec exhibits. Natalia Himirska – “Still Life – Running Life”, BSU Visual Arts Students – “Variations” and JoAnn Hovet with “Drawn to Water”
Gallery North- Paula Sedak, Marion Reil and Monie Martin
Bemidji Public Library- Kelliher Public School Students with “Kinoptics”
Beltrami County Historical Society – “Winter Scenes”
Dunn Bros Coffee- Michael Wiltse
Mask & Rose Theater- Shared Stories, open mike and Fleur dis Lis exhibit “Eye on the War”
Archive for December, 2007
The BCAC plays host to an exciting show for the months of December and January which opened on Dec 7th. Many turned out to see the colorful exhibit featuring the work of Natalia Himirska entitled “Still Life – Running Life”, a tribute to the life and art of Pacita Abad. An instructor in the Bemidji State University Visual Arts Dept, Hirmirska presented selected works by her students showing the diversity of work from traditional still life to more contemporary abstract pieces.Upper left: “My Friend” oil on canvas by Natalia Himirska. Lower right: “Untitled” oil on canvas by Heather Farnham.
Also on display is the work by local artist JoAnn Hovet. In her exhibit “Drawn to Water” Hovet explores many media forms and her passion for water in a wonderful mix of pastel, works in acrylic and photography. “Quiet Journey” (shown left) acrylic on canvas by Hovet shows a serene view from the bow of a canoe.
- Community Art Center: Main Gallery: Natalia Himirska – “Still Life – Running Life” Gallery X2: BSU Students – “Variations” Gallery X3: JoAnn Hovet – “Drawn to Water”
- Gallery North: Mary Knox-Johnson and Terri Honstead. On the Minnesota Forest Stage: Bob Bildon and Chrissy Allen and Friends.
- Kitchigami Library:Pam Robinson features her mixed media art.
- Dunn Bros Coffee: Pam Nelson with ”Through the Seasons” original watercolors and Geclee’s prints.
- Wildhare Bistro and Coffeehouse: Mali Mattson displaying mobiles and sculptures.
- Beltrami County History Center: theme for December and January “Winter Scenes”.
- Neilson Place: work by Marlon Davidson and Don Knutson.