Posted in Exhibitions on September 23, 2007 |
On September 7th from 5 to 7pm, the BCAC was host to Clancy Erickson’s currated show “SKIN: A Celebration of the Human Form”. The idea for this community invitational came out of desire to bring together work created by area artists, for one show, that was based exclusively on the human form. Erickson says he was inspired “while viewing others’ shows”…and noticing that…” although most artists did some human form works, it was somewhat incongruous with the main themes of their work that was being shown.”
“Reclining Male” by Clancy Erickson.
(Read more about the Currator’s Statement.)
Also showing in Gallery X2: “The Rest of Us” by Clancy Erickson and in Gallery X3: “Art From Flesh” by Heather Sabian. All three shows run through Sept. 29th, 2007
Read Full Post »
Posted in Events, First Friday Art Walk on September 1, 2007 |
- Bemidji Community Art Center: Main Gallery: “Skin: A Celebration of the Human Form”. X2: “The Rest of Us” – Clancy Erickson”. X3: “Art from Flesh” Heather Sabian.
- Gallery North:Cynthia Wildes, Patty Pursell and Paul Simonson. On the Minnesota Forest Stage: Katelyn and Eliza Tingelstad, Hannah Olson and Amy Guntzel.
- Kitchigami Library:Oil paintings by Kay Schuver.
- Dunn Bros Coffee: Woodcut and linoleum prints by D.L. Houseman.
- Wildhare Bistro and Coffeehouse: Jewelry and metal art by Cindy Burger
- Beltrami County History Center: Early Transportation theme with artists from Gallery North.
- Northwest Technical College: “Art of Recovery” work by Minnesotans who have been victims of crime.
- Mask and Rose Women’s Theater Collective: “Shared Stories” music, readings, plays.
Read Full Post »